123Valerie Strikes Again

Unprecedented Self-Indulgence.

Thursday, October 25, 2007

Build Up Some Karmic Points

Hi, my pretties. So, I have awesome friends. They do important things like teach people and write and sculpt and dance and manage projects and make jewelry and blow glass and fly planes and put up with me.

How would you like to help a very good friend of mine help other people? It'd be a nice double warm fuzzy, right?

Well, my homeslice Scott, who was my neighbor in grade school, is in a contest to win $10K in seed money to develop an application that uses Facebook to link Peace Corp volunteers everywhere with Facebookies who could donate their time, talents, stuff and money to help Peace Corp projects around the world.

If you can spare one minute to help him and a whole bunch of others by registering and voting here for his "Adopt a Peace Corp project through Facebook" idea, that would be awesome.

Think about it: You're a Facebook champ who's got, like, a ton of extra pipes that you don't know what to do with. And there's a Peace Corp project in Bolombo that needs a ton of pipes for a clean drinking water endeavor.

Scott's application enables you to get your pipes to sweet, thirsty, little African babies. AND it could find other folks like you with resources to help transport the pipes to the Bolomboian babies, so on and so forth. It's a beautiful thing.

Karma will shine down on you, and you'll be further rewarded when I post my senior pictures here later on tonight. Yes! All my lurve to those of you who already have!

In the Comments section, tell me that you went and voted for Scott.

Labels:

3 Comments:

  • At 1:46 PM , Blogger Effortlessly Average said...

    Um, ok, that's a really wonderful cause. But what does it say about me when I was reading your post and the first thought I remember having was "yeah, I've got a ton of extra pipe I'd sure like to do something with?"

    Something's just not right with me.

     
  • At 3:59 PM , Blogger Lorelai236 said...

    I voted!

     
  • At 9:13 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

    thank you for the post! I'm struggling behind the dog beach and light up pacifier, this will help tremendously!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home