123Valerie Strikes Again

Unprecedented Self-Indulgence.

Friday, October 19, 2007

Good Thing I Still Point With Two Fingers

Dear Valerie,

Thank you for your interest in the flight attendant position with XXXX Airlines. Your resume has been forwarded to the Inflight Recruiting department for review ...

Hmm. Just when you think you're settled. Some of you know that I spent a few years between ages 19 and 22 as a sky girl for a small regional airline, zipping around from Pittsburgh to Ottawa, from Philly to Spartanburg, SC and out to exciting locales like St. Louis.

I loved it, and more importantly, I was damn good at it. For a few years, I took college classes while I was flying, and eventually quit to return to school full time.

My professional life is currently very, very good. Very good, in fact. I was even kicking around the idea of pursuing my Master's. (Again.)

But, I went through a mini-personal identification and geography crisis a while back and sent my resume to several airlines, not really sure if I'd get any bites. Actually, not true. I knew I'd get some bites. I'm a natural gypsy, and though this will sound supercilious, I have so many talents and strengths, I often wonder where I should focus my attention.

Well, everything will work out as it should. I love having business cards, but I always did look good in polyester.

In the Comments section, tell me about a surprise you got today.

Labels:

7 Comments:

  • At 11:42 AM , Blogger CamiKaos said...

    I have had no real surprises yet today... well, except maybe that my daughter actually WANTED to go to school today.

    Good luck for whichever path you're taking.

     
  • At 1:01 PM , Blogger Akelamalu said...

    I hope you get to travelling again if it lights your candle honey.

    I got a lovely surprise today see my blog I've done a post about it. x

     
  • At 5:42 AM , Blogger Peter said...

    I also had no real surprises yesterday, but wish you the best on the job front.

    Ottawa is a great little city!

     
  • At 4:29 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I love hearing about your gypsy ways. One day, I will return to mine. Good luck with your potentially new polyester, or masters. Or Both!!!!

     
  • At 9:07 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I was surprised that I received a very nice kiss and did not kick him in the jimmy. But I was drunk, so my ninja reflexes were slowed.

     
  • At 9:40 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Oh I hope it's Southwest then you can be my personal stewardess for Amandapalooza II!!!!

     
  • At 1:58 AM , Blogger Nosjunkie said...

    Hey Val you go do whatever floats your boat hun

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home