123Valerie Strikes Again

Unprecedented Self-Indulgence.

Friday, April 03, 2009

Top Secret

OK, so it's been proven to me time and again that all of the cool kids are using Tumblr, but given that I only relatively recently set up a MySpace page, it seems unlikely that I'll migrate. Still, I'm not above stealing genius ideas.

Many of the Tumblr kids are posting secret messages to the bloggers they follow. I, for one, think this is a wonderful idea because there are things that I feel about many of you that I could never, or would never, leave in your comments section. Believe it or not, I spend a lot of my day thinking about you.

So, here are some secret messages.


  • I don't think you give yourself enough credit. You make the world a much nicer place.
  • Seriously, you really bum me out. Like, a lot. Still, I can't not look to see what messes you've made for yourself this time or the latest attempt for sympathy. Thanks for making me feel better about my life.
  • I think you are one of the most magnificent human beans I've ever had the pleasure to come across. You seem almost magical.
  • What in THE HELL are you doing with him?
  • You can't fool me; you're not happy.
  • I crave your approval.
  • There isn't one single aspect of your life that I'd like to have.
  • I like to believe that one day we will fall in love.
  • You do such amazing stuff! Sometimes I can't read every day because it reminds me of all of the things I'm not doing.
  • It's so old. Just quit it already.
  • I hope you find what you're looking for. I really, really do. In the meantime, it's mildly entertaining to read about your attempts at trying to find it.
  • You never fail to brighten my day. It makes me oh-so-happy when I see tiny bits of myself in you.

In the Comments section, leave a secret message for a blogger you follow.

Labels: , , , ,

6 Comments:

  • At 2:02 PM , Anonymous camikaos said...

    OMG what a great idea! I don't think I'll leave secret messages here, I think I'll do it on my blog next week!

     
  • At 3:09 PM , Blogger WendyB said...

    Ha ha -- my secret message to a random blogger? You look like a hooker. Put on some pants.

    I feel so much better now that I've gotten that off my chest.

     
  • At 11:47 AM , Blogger Kristin said...

    Nice list! I like it. Um, my secret messages?

    * I read because I like you, not because you're a good writer.
    * You are an amazing artist.
    * You sell yourself short. Daily. I wish you could see how tall you are.
    * I'm sorry my comments suck. I'm terrible at commenting but I try. I do read.

     
  • At 8:19 AM , Blogger Deborah said...

    1) You need to let your kid have some privacy.
    2) You're totally invited to cocktails, if you're ever in my neck of the woods.

     
  • At 11:29 PM , Blogger Gunfighter said...

    A Message to one of my regular readers:

    I think that you are, certifiably, bat-shit crazy! I now that you are a niceperson, but jeez, lady, you are as dumb as a stump!

     
  • At 6:20 AM , Blogger Goddess Adrasteia said...

    What a brilliant idea for a post! Although, how many of us are wondering if we are indeed one of the aforementioned train wrecks? ;)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home