123Valerie Strikes Again

Unprecedented Self-Indulgence.

Thursday, October 12, 2006

Stop Light Spotlight

Hi. So I'm sad today, but doing alright. Many thanks to all of you who sent wishes and prayers and pizza (Special shout out to Papa John's).

I got some good news about an old friend today, and I also had a nice moment in traffic this morning, so I'm breaking out of my self-imposed sad sack prison to tell you about it. My stop light encounters may become a regular feature here.

On my way to work, I was stopped at a long light when I heard the beautiful sounds of Bill Monroe's Blue Moon of Kentucky coming from the truck next to me. I actually turned down my radio to hear what my vehicular neighbor was listening to.

The driver noticed me leaning over just singing away with Bill, gave me an appreciative nod and actually turned up his stereo so I could hear better. Isn't that nice?

In the Comments section, tell me something good you heard today. The winner of the nicest story gets my leftover Papa John's pizza.


4 Comments:

  • At 1:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Glad to see you here today sweetie and glad that some moments (even small ones) of joy are gracing your day.
    The greatest thing I heard today was "Good morning honey...I'm going to work, go back to sleep, I reset the alarm for you" With a kiss and a smack on the ass he was gone!

     
  • At 2:04 PM , Blogger Johnny said...

    I still got my mom but dads gone to the biggun in the sky.

    Hugs.

     
  • At 3:55 PM , Blogger Kristin said...

    Ummmm... Nice? I flipped out a little yesterday and almost canceled my trip to Turkey because my friends made plans without considering my opinion. (That's not the nice part.) Today, we emailed a LOT and took part in a conference call to nail down the specifics. We're all doing what we want and I feel like a grown up.

    On top of all that, I get to spend time with incredibly cool people tonight. I'm definitely looking forward to that! :)

     
  • At 7:57 PM , Blogger nolongermrsborell said...

    " Kirstin are you still losing weight" I have hit rough spot at -38 pounds so i am not losing weight right now,but it was pretty darn good to hear that it still looks like I am!!
    I am glad you are doing alright today!!!
    I thought I was the only one that turned down my radio to hear other peoples music.lol
    love ya!!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home