123Valerie Strikes Again

Unprecedented Self-Indulgence.

Sunday, December 31, 2006

A Little Too Close to Home

I accidentally went on a blog-reading rampage this morning when all I meant to do was find a recipe for stuffed pork chops.

Ya'll know how that happens, I'm sure--a stop at the Food Network's site, then what the hell I'll check my e-mail, oh there are new comments for the blog, click on the comment leaver's blog, then 47 clicks later, I ended up here, at Words On Waking.

And I started reading, then read some more and kept right on reading. Spellbound has a great voice and a rare honesty. Also, I am a wee bit compulsive.

In any case, I ran across this sentence and it hit me in the face like a Frisbee:

My daughter really needs a blog of her own, but of course, she’s too busy living life to write about it.

After reading that, I was spurred to action. I zipped right over to Blogger and signed on to write about how I need to get more of a life. That's so sad.

Geez, 123V. I should be climbing mountains or writing songs or even cooking goddamn stuffed pork chops right now. But, instead I'm writing about it.

I hate New Year's.

In the Comments section, tell me if you're depressed about New Year's and/or what it is that you would be doing if you weren't blogging all the damn time.

Labels: , , ,

6 Comments:

  • At 11:42 AM , Blogger brinki dink said...

    I feel like I'm finally getting over the slump of 06. It's been a shit year for me, for the most part and I've been wallowing in it for almost a month now. With the new year right around the corner, I'm feeling proactive and energized--admittedly, that energy is spurred by copious amounts of caffine--but still...

     
  • At 11:58 AM , Blogger M@ said...

    Yeah, I like Spellbound, too, and remember that line from a recent post.

    It struck me but apparently didn't hurt my feelings as much as it hurt yours. (Her daughter's in her twenties.) When I get high, I feel embarassed about what I write, but only write MORE when I get drunk! Maybe I should spend more time making realer friends, working and working out.

    2006 was OKAY for me but was more of a rebuilding year where I just made the first round of the playoffs after a few years as a celler-dweller.

    2007 has to be the year of the matt, I figure.

     
  • At 12:08 PM , Blogger 123Valerie said...

    B Dink, I'm so glad you're embracing the the positive energy. Caffiene is your friend.

    Hiya Matty, it's not that it hurt my feelings so much, is that I was upset at how true it was, you know? I don't think Spellbound was calling bloggers losers, or anything, it's just that lately, I too have been feeling a lot like I'm not living up to my potential.

    That's a very icky feeling.

    But, I feel good about the upcoming year for you--I really do.

     
  • At 12:51 PM , Blogger James Burnett said...

    OK, I'm on the bandwagon now. I read Spellbound for the first time this morning and am a fan.

    123V, you are funny as hell. I am a fan here too.

    Keep up the good work in '07. And don't stop the 2.5 hour bubble baths. Sounds like they're very soothing ;>)

    BTW, where's your resolutions list?

     
  • At 1:04 PM , Blogger Spellbound said...

    Well, I have two blogs, and a job that takes up about all the rest of my time, and the only thing I do for fun is write, oh, unless you want to count the affair, and I guess we should, so what does that say about me? Big L, right? I swear I could stop anytime, really.
    As far as blogging versus living is concerned, I wouldn't have had the life I have today if I hadn't had a place to express myself and find friends who are mostly non judgmental about my choices. I'd like to say we all have holes to fill in our lives, but you know Matt will just laugh like a lunatic and run with that one, so I’ll just keep it to myself. =)

     
  • At 7:46 PM , Blogger Kristin said...

    Blogging forces me to get out and live. I could write myself as a better character, but I prefer to live a better life, have more material than I can use. Chicken? Egg? Egg? Chicken?

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home