123Valerie Strikes Again

Unprecedented Self-Indulgence.

Saturday, December 23, 2006

I'm a Driver. I'm a Winner. Things are Gonna Change, I Can Feel It.

Weeeee! So, I'm a finalist in a writing contest I entered a few months ago. For money and recongition and stuff. I wrote about a roller derby girl, and they liked it, which means I have to send in a picture and bio.

Had my bio come from tonight, it would have said I spent an evening in an adult tree house with a lovely couple named Jill and Dan, along with Adelka Ann and Justin P. and six bottles of wine.

Also, it might have said that right before we left, a boy I met over the summer who moved to Charleston, SC, the day after we met--well, he called out of nowhere and wanted to meet up because he was back in D.C. this week. (Megan Jane and Kirstin, do you remember him? Backyard Bonanza with crazy Mike who broke the bottles on the street? Morgan says hello.)

For once, I was really sorry to report that I was in Connect I Cut and couldn't meet him. Oddly, various and sundry ex-boyfriends and former friends have made themselves known these past two days. Adelka Ann says it's the holidays--they drive people to seek out those they love(d).

We actually cancelled on the Quilt Boy out of principal. The principal of staying on a beautiful farm instead of driving into the city the day before Christmas weekend.

But, I had to base my bio on past events, so here's what it said:

Residing in Maryland, by way of Ohio and North Carolina, 123Valerie [not my real name, my pretties] is a recovering bartendress, a reformed flight attendant and a beauty school drop out. Her published work spans innumerable financial newsletters, fiction crime journals, compilation books and a third-grade article about Walt Disney in The Daily Jeffersonian. In her very limited spare time 123Valerie takes on freelance work, practices overcoming her stage fright and enjoys grocery shopping.

So, I feel good about this one.

Maybe you'll feel good looking at lovely photos of my friends and me (In no particular order because I am quite drunk right now) {Thanks Allison and T.J.!} :




Some of my darling D.C. Sisters. It's not a particularly good photo of me, but my lovely Sisters look so hot, who am I to deny them to the world? Say hello (l-r) to the world of Glynnie, Megan Jane, a not very photogenic 123Valerie, and beautiful Allison.

Hi T.J., who told me a terrible/wonderful story about the White Dragon sex move. Let's just say there's a blow job, a head slam and some semen out of the nostrils involved. Blech.

Hi Hot Allison's rack! Nice bra!


Hi Glynnie's fine boobies!


Yes, once again, it's a photo of 123Valerie's breasts! Yay!


We want the funk Gotta to have that funk. Ow, we want the funk. Gotta have that funk.

Hi Megan Jane. Maybe you'll let Har Har Harwell give you a little smoochie poo.



Oh, crap. Caught working, AGAIN, because I'm a total nerd. Total nerd. Working on a Saturday morning.

Alright kids. I am drunk again. Please leave your own comments about whatever the hell you want to. Justin P. is snoring a blue storm and I'm eating a hot dog, so maybe you can use that as a prompt. Maybe not. Happy the Day Before the Day Before Christmas Eve.

Labels: , , , , ,

4 Comments:

  • At 10:26 AM , Blogger Kristin said...

    Winner, winner, chicken dinner. Congrats, Val! On the writing contest, calls from boys and great friends.

     
  • At 10:48 AM , Blogger nolongermrsborell said...

    Oh val that's so great!!!! And how could we forget that night. I actually just told that story to somene the other night. Hope you are having a wonderful time!!!!

     
  • At 10:02 PM , Blogger Brita Mess said...

    Valerie my sweet! I can't wait to see you darling. The 27th is great for me if you're back and recouperated from Connectercut. Muah!

     
  • At 11:34 AM , Blogger James Burnett said...

    Congrats on the writing contest. I've been writing professionally for 11 years and haven't won squat but headaches.

    So kudos. Well done.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home