123Valerie Strikes Again

Unprecedented Self-Indulgence.

Monday, December 25, 2006

The Reason for the Swayze-on

Last night, thanks to weird holiday T.V. programming, we enjoyed The Swayze in Road House.

An intelligent group of individuals was assembled and not a one of us complained about watching The Swayze kick ass in super V-cut tee shirts or romance a severely-moussed Kelly Lynch in lycra. Really, though, any movie directed by a guy named Rowdy has GOT to be good.

Now, it's a fact that Sean P.K. adores The Swayze. With good reason, of course. But last night, we had doctors, lawyers and Indian chiefs all sitting around mezmerized by that which is The Swayze.

You could argue all of us were too tired to change the channel. Or maybe we had too much rum. But you know what? Call me naive, but I think The Swayze's pectorals are evidence of Christmas Magic.

I'm thankful for each and every one of you. I hope you had a great holiday, whichever you enjoyed celebrating.

In the Comments section, tell me how thankful you are for The Swayze this year. Anyone who comments will get a personal acknowledgement filled with gratitude from me.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

7 Comments:

  • At 5:21 PM , Blogger Kristin said...

    OMG. I've actually enjoyed Christmas Swayze before. Road House even. The year: 1990. The place: My sister's then-boyfriend's house in Cambridge. Good times.

     
  • At 5:22 PM , Blogger Kristin said...

    Oh, and wishing you a very happy Christmas. :)

     
  • At 6:55 PM , Blogger nolongermrsborell said...

    Merry Christmas!!!! I am so looking forward to seeing you!!!! Sorry i couldn't talk the other day! We will talk soon. I hope you have had a wonderful trip. If you were calling because youneeded to talk hten call back at your earliest convienience if you were calling because you knew I needed to talk it can wait.

    LOVE YA!!!!!!!!!

     
  • At 5:24 PM , Blogger Emily Maple said...

    I'm thankful for The Swayze because he made Ghost happen. Granted, I HATE that movie except for that one like where Whoopie's all 'Morticia? Damn baby, what'd you do to your hair?' & then 'It's called Autumn sunrise, you like it?'. That line is awesome. Even if the rest of the movie is for suxxors badly.

     
  • At 10:09 PM , Blogger 123Valerie said...

    K, that's because you are a woman of good taste. The Swayze and The Bridge go together so well. I am very grateful that you and I get to share another year together.

    Hello My Lovely Kirstin. You call me anytime. I didn't get reception at Adelka's so it was only when we were in the "city." I'm here for you, babe. I am very grateful that Max and Erma brought us together. You're stuck with me for a long time, and I can't wait to see you.

    FC&F, I appreciate you trying to hook me up more than you know. This gives me yet one more reason to head over the Nash Vegas. I am thankful that there are wonderful, honest, open people like yourself in this world.

    Em, isn't Whoopie the best? I mean, seriously. I think you're the best, too. You have a such a great perspective on life, and I'm grateful that yous share it with us.

     
  • At 2:31 PM , Blogger Wavemancali said...

    I have basked in the glow of The Swaze and it was good.

    One day, when I am named leader of all the free world, we will have an all Swaze-athon day of Red Dawn, Road House, Dirty Dancing, Ghost and Next of Kin.

    There shall be much rejoicing.

     
  • At 2:49 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    On the eighth day, God made The Swayze. There is already much rejoicing from my end about your good taste, Wavemancali.

    I'll be a loyal subject of any society that digs the The Swayze.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home