123Valerie Strikes Again

Unprecedented Self-Indulgence.

Saturday, December 16, 2006

Heavy

My pretties,you are a fine bunch of people. Thanks for all of your well wishes after the last heavy post.

I was really feeling the love and light of world through your comments, so I went to the gym where personal trainer, Nick, quickly squashed all feelings of goodwill.

Nick's eyebrows curved like this ~ . Swear to Pete. He asked me in a thick accent of undetermined origin, "So, what areas is we wanting to work on?"

"Well, I guess I'd like to tone up my tummy, and my arms, and strengthen my back and work on my pectorals to keep my rack nice and firm."

"Mm hmm," he said, "And what about your butt?"

"Um, I think my butt is fine," I offered.

"Mm, no, we have some work to do." Oh, snap.

I haven't been able to sit for the past two days. I did more climbing than a billy goat.

Anyway, ya'll, thank you again for your kind words and thoughts. I wish the same back to you ten fold, especially those of you with not-so-kind words to say. I think you probably need it the most.

So, blatantly switching the subject now, we have some wonderful, wonderful friends coming into town today, whom you might remember from the big camp trip. I'm sure there will be lots of hi-jinks and shenanigans and whatnot, but I'll be *off the damn computer* for a few days. Gasp! I know. Go outside and play yourselves. Or with yourselves. I'm not here to judge.

In the Comments section, tell me if you've ever been harassed by someone with wild eyebrows.

Labels: , , , , ,

6 Comments:

  • At 11:24 AM , Blogger M@ said...

    where's the hater?

     
  • At 11:59 AM , Blogger mist1 said...

    Personal trainer? Um, no. Never. I cannot subject myself to that. Also, I am banned from the gym for life. Bastards.

     
  • At 5:49 PM , Blogger M@ said...

    I am only banned from one bar in my neighborhood and a 7/11 across town.

     
  • At 10:46 PM , Blogger Emily Maple said...

    That's funny. I just did. But only kinda. After the show tonight, I'd finally let my hair down after it being in a bun for about 11 hours & one of the girls who dances with me said 'wow, your hair looks good all messed up'. And she could use a waxing.

     
  • At 11:12 PM , Blogger Kristin said...

    Hope you are having a fabulous weekend and that you are once again able to sit.

     
  • At 1:21 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    One time, in Band Camp, Brezhnev chased me and gave me a wedgie until he forced me to sign the SALT II treaty.

    -Grampa

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home