123Valerie Strikes Again

Unprecedented Self-Indulgence.

Monday, December 11, 2006

I Saw the Light

Biz to the Z, kids.

I'm as busy as a beaver and a bee, yo. I'm up to my eyeballs in financially goodness, and I've taken on a host of freelance gigs about chandeliers, very appropos given that I had a few key realizations this weekend. So, here's the rundown:

1. It's Time to Leave the Virgin Territory
Broke it off with Cohen on Friday, which, was odd because I never really broke me off a piece, know what I'm saying. (You know, the whole virgin thing.)

He took it poorly, oh so poorly. He was a pissy chicken, indeed, but it just solidified my resolve that much more.

For the record, I went the nice, dishonest route and told him an ex-boyfriend had come back into my life. It seemed so much kinder than, "I need to get laid, and I think you might be gay and/or incapable of intimate sexual contact."

2. Work Can Wait
So, I typically spend every Friday evening and Saturday morning working. What I have to do is not terribly taxing, but it means I can't really go out on Fridays.

However, this past Friday, Sean P.K. and the Lovely Ms. Taylor (check the side bar, kids) invited me to the Capitals vs. Ducks hockey game so I could flirt it up with a one Mr. Door. (FYI: his last name, spelled phonetically, not accurately) I've been after Door for months, months I say.

Good judgement be damned, I said, "Work, you will wait. I am going to have fun."

And we did, and I got an invite, albeit a casual one, to Door's birthday celebration next week, which means he's a Sagitarius. That's a good thing. I'll keep you posted.

3. Cranberries Are Good For You
Okay, I had an inkling of this already, but here's the skinny: Candy Sandwich had a holiday party Saturday, and it was glorious. Wonderful company, great food, much nakedness, and lots of good drink, particularly a festive cranberry/champagne combo from both Kristin and Megan Jane.

I brought some hellacious Jell-O shots because I am very classy, but normally I am a whiskey kind of gal. Still, this cranberry concoction looked so pretty, we just drank and drank and drank and drank and drank and drank and drank, and do you know what kids? I woke up the next morning, er afternoon, and I felt fabulous. And I didn't even get laid the night before.

Aside from a being hangover free, the party was great because it's always good to hang out with friends and make some new ones. There was a gift exchange, too, and though it was cleverly designed, I was glad to end up with Megan Jane's Planisphere, which tells me where all of the planets currently are. Neat, huh?

Right now, by looking at my handy dandy Planishpere, I can see that a Mars/Jupiter conjunction and Venus' move into the house of Capricorn mean there is much to be done. Much, much to be done.

In the Comments section, tell me how you feel about cranberries and/or the most memorable gift exchange gift you ever got. The winner gets to borrow by Planishpere.

Labels: , , , ,

9 Comments:

  • At 12:36 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    i love cranberrys. especialy my grandmother's cranberry relish at thanksgiving. a side bar about cranberrys... this is the best sandwich ever...you have to get it at a rolly polly's sandwich shop. cranberry sauce, brie, bacon, avacado, and sprouts. they grill it up like a burrito and have a side of honey mustard. it's FABULOUS! try one. i'm trying to get them to add it to the menue as an "ALLISON" ha.

    oh and as for connor i think the truth would have been better. perhaps it would elevate the need to lose his virginity and/or bring him out of the closet. sometimes the truth hurts but it's necessary.

    your planet thingie sounds SUPER NEATO...where can i get one? i want one! haha

     
  • At 1:06 PM , Blogger Dare said...

    Sadly, I have had to up my intake of cranberries. To the point where I MUST pop 6 concentrated pills of them a day because suddenly I am the QUEEN of the bladder infection. WTF is that?

     
  • At 1:17 PM , Blogger 123Valerie said...

    Mmmm, Al Bal. I think we've just come up with an appetizer for the par-tay. I see little tiny breads in our future.

    Bummer, AW. If you weren't such A. Whore then maybe you wouldn't need those cranberries. Couldn't resist that one. sorry.

    I've only ever had one bladder infection, and it was quite possibly the most excruciating pain of my life. It was so bad that I didn't drink (anything but water) for two weeks. TWO WEEKS. You have my sympathies, mon cherie.

     
  • At 1:30 PM , Blogger mist1 said...

    I can't believe that you didn't tell him the truth. Can I do it for you? What's his phone number? He needs to know. Put out or get out.

     
  • At 3:14 PM , Blogger M@ said...

    I do NOT understand men who aren't interested in having sex with women who have fabulous hair.

    (Yes, I just used the word "fabulous," not there's anything wrong with that.)

    The reason I didn't get laid on Saturday night was because my place looks as if two five-megaton suitcase bombs went off, one in the living room and one in the bedroom.

    If I had had my shit together, my place would have been clean and I wouldn't have spent all of my money buying people shots. I would have gotten a cab and done the dirty deed.

    Damnit! Maybe next time.

     
  • At 3:34 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Mist, honey, why didn't I think of you? You're the perfect heartbreaker, which goes well with your "I Brake for No One" bumpersticker.

    Matty, honey, it might have to do with my humpback. But, he was welcome to just do it with my hair.

    No, seriously, I'm not qualified to speculate why he wasn't "able" to sleep with me. I think he has deep, deep issues because I am a very sexy chick.

    Incidentally, a dirty room is a turn off. Now, there's a big, ole difference between messy (fine) and dirty (gross). Which side of that line are you on?

    I am sorry that you didn't get any either, tho.

     
  • At 10:53 PM , Blogger hyacinths and biscuits said...

    mist1, out of curiosity, where did you come up with the gem "put out or get out?" Did you make it up or is it from somewhere? Because there is a certain man I went out with a couple times who is now known within a certain circle of my friends as "Bill the Rapist." He uttered those fateful words to a friend of mine who also had the unfortunate fate of going out with him.

    I'm not saying 123Valerie should have to put up with not getting laid despite her glorious hair. In fact, it's better that she left such a man. I just thought that "put out or get out" was some marvelous witticism that dear Bill the Rapist made up

     
  • At 11:05 PM , Blogger Emily Maple said...

    Val, you've done it again. Champagne & cranberry juice. Just so happens that I'm having a party after my last show on Sunday. Just so happens that those two things will be there. Just so happens that I'll be drinking them. I will curse you Monday while hungover. And thank you for the delicious drink idea.

    Spanks, girlie!

     
  • At 11:29 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Oooooh, FC&F, Allison makes yummy melon balls with liquor. Mmm. Fiber and a buzz!

    Hy Biscuits, this Bill the Rapist guy, frankly, he sounds like trouble. I don't like to judge, but ...

    I too have shared guys with friends. Slightly icky, but good because someone else can offer insightful perspective: "yeah, he IS a dickhead."

    Em-in-nem, I totally cannot take any credit. I just drank it. Megan Jane and Kristin did all the hard stuff like opening the bottles and mixing them together and dropping cranberries in the glass while I forced Jell-O shots on innocent people.

    I suspect Barefoot Contessa may have been involved, too.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home