123Valerie Strikes Again

Unprecedented Self-Indulgence.

Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Keep On Trucking

Ya'll, don't you hate it when a pick-em-up truck almost smashes into your front porch?

Oh, that's never happened to you? Well, you can ask my lovelies, T and Skye, all about it.

Seems some young kids were tooling about the blooming metropolis of Fort Collins, Colorado, and whoosh bang! The next thing you know, a station wagon and Range Rover are hurtin' for certain.

T, as always, has a great outlook that, ya know, if the station wagon is the only thing that got beat up, then things are gravy, but still, ya'll, if you're in need of any hand-blown glass products for your "tobacco smoking," sexual or artistic endeavors, now is a great time to patronize the good kids at Glass Antixx.



That would be nuts, no--to walk out and find a truck full of dazed teenagers on your front lawn? Just goes to show you that you never know what's going to happen. Goodly and badly (I don't think those are real words, but shurt urp. I like "goodly.") I think the best we can do is be nice to folks and keep our financial affairs in order.

Anyone else feeling a bit out of sorts? Not in a badly way, mind you, just sort of floppy and flippy and dopey and such?

Hey, hey, hey! It's #1Laura's birthday tomorrow! Wheeeeeee! She's such a perfect Acquarius. She's pretty perfect, in general, actually.

Feeling all over the place, yo, but also feeling that bigger things are coming--I'm getting ready for a tidal wave of good, kids. I want to float in the sea of happy. Sounds like I've been toking up, doesn't it? Well, I haven't, though I did make some kick ass beans and rice and did about a gazillion crunches. Oof. I hate those.

Well, T and Skye's experience made me examine how I might react if a truck nearly tore down my house. I think, first, I would poop my pants. Then I would get on to the business of living fully: pursuing my music, finishing the novels I have in development, cutting my hair again, completing my sister Susie's quilt for crying out loud, stop wasting time, write my Uncle Andrew and tell him how much I love him--you know, the usual stuff.

So, my hope is that both YOU and I can get on to the business of living fully without someone smashing into our homes.

I don't feel this post is "done," but it's time to end. Does that make any sense? I'm not accurately communicating the way I feel tonight, but I think for the sake of brevity, I'd better just stop. Actually, I'd better just go: go get my ass in gear and take care of some of the things on that list.

In the Comments section, tell me about something unexpected that's happened in your life recently. Then go check out T and Skye's beautiful and functional art. Feel free to e-mail them for custom pieces, too. If I learn that you've made a wonderful Glass Antixx purchase, I will personally come over to your house and make you my famous spinach artichoke dip. Probably naked, if that's cool with you.

Labels: , , ,

12 Comments:

  • At 3:27 AM , Blogger Nosjunkie said...

    I feel out of sorts. basically because I have spent the last two weeks bitching cos I have nothing to do at work and now that I have loads of work I am in no mood to do it

     
  • At 7:24 AM , Blogger M@ said...

    I just want to get through life without gettin stabbed.

     
  • At 8:02 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    We still need to find out if they know my friend Molly! I mean, they have to, ya know?
    I am in a weird headspace, too. I am also thinking about quitting my job this week. What do you think? I'd like your input on that later this eve is you have the time to catch-up. I can't do it anymore, V. I am tired of being sick and tired.
    Blahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhville!!!!!!

     
  • At 12:22 PM , Blogger mist1 said...

    Technically, I can't have teenagers on my lawn. I have to be 100 yards away.

     
  • At 12:24 PM , Blogger nolongermrsborell said...

    WoW! I megan jane I am feeling the blahville. I can't seem to find my way out of it. I think it may be becuase at the moment I am also residing in brokeville, but who knows!!!

     
  • At 12:59 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I'm with you, Lee. We always want what we don't have, until we get it.

    I'll cut ya, Matty! I'll cut ya! I think that's a good goal, though, on the whole.

    MJ, I asked--she didn't think she did. She knows a lot of Melindas, though, but if we can get the name of the bar, it might help. I know you hate your job, and since Tom and Jane already gave their blessing for you to go work at The Gap again, I say do it. Little bastards. The kids, not your folks.

    That's a bummer, Mist. I guess that means no more proms for you. Wouldn't it be fun to go to a prom as an adult? I'd be the really cool, kinda slutty older girl that bought all of the Mike's Hard Lemonade for everyone. Strike the "really cool" part from that sentence.

    Well, my lovely Kirstin, we all have a home in Boobville. Thank goodness.

     
  • At 12:59 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I'm with you, Lee. We always want what we don't have, until we get it.

    I'll cut ya, Matty! I'll cut ya! I think that's a good goal, though, on the whole.

    MJ, I asked--she didn't think she did. She knows a lot of Melindas, though, but if we can get the name of the bar, it might help. I know you hate your job, and since Tom and Jane already gave their blessing for you to go work at The Gap again, I say do it. Little bastards. The kids, not your folks.

    That's a bummer, Mist. I guess that means no more proms for you. Wouldn't it be fun to go to a prom as an adult? I'd be the really cool, kinda slutty older girl that bought all of the Mike's Hard Lemonade for everyone. Strike the "really cool" part from that sentence.

    Well, my lovely Kirstin, we all have a home in Boobville. Thank goodness.

     
  • At 1:38 AM , Blogger Dare said...

    I need you Val...tell me what the stars have aligned for me....job woes, personal life is taking off thanks to the lovely thing called the innernet (although he is NOT a virgin) and things just seem all up in the air and crazy...help me oh mistress of the universe...AND DON'T CUT YOUR HAIR!!!!

     
  • At 7:39 AM , Blogger Kristin said...

    Stupid teens can do a lot of damage. My friend's sister died when some kids ran a red light. She was on her way to pick up her wedding license, about a week from the big day.

    Not exactly a truck on the front porch, but it makes you think, makes you wonder if you're really doing what you want.

     
  • At 9:53 AM , Blogger Starboard Tack said...

    I plan on holding you to that naked spinach artichoke dip promise...

     
  • At 10:15 AM , Blogger 123Valerie said...

    AW, just send me your birthdate, time of birth and where you were born. We can fix you up, though it sounds like you're doing mighty fine already, girlfriend. Woo hoo!

    K, that's a bummer. I am constantly re-examining my life and path. It's hard to get paid to drink bourbon and read all day, but I'm working on it.

    ST, I just want someone to hold me, period. If I have to cook to make that happen, so be it. :)

     
  • At 7:52 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Thanks for the mention in your blog. Skye & I are very thankful that we have our house and our health. Unfortunately, our car is destroyed and the driver had no insurance. It's so FRUSTRATING! We cannot keep our business going without a vehicle, and I am in danger of losing my "real" job if I don't have a car to make deliveries. I'm afraid we may be looking at a court case if these people can't pay for the damage or provide us with a reliable vehicle. I have only liability insurance (because I'm not an irresponsible douche like this kid and his family) so they can't help me. I've been trying to focus on the positive side and what could have happened and be thankful, but it's kinda wearing me down....can you tell? Anyway, lots of love, light, and positive vibrations to you Val. t

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home