123Valerie Strikes Again

Unprecedented Self-Indulgence.

Friday, May 23, 2008

I Went Back to Ohio ...

So, you know all of those jokes about hillbillies with goats and chickens walking around their houses?

Yeah, my family is single-handedly working to keep those stories perpetuated. There are chickens in my sister’s living room. Real, live ones.




Um. So.

It's pretty clear that something is a-foot* (chicken foot) and my assistance is needed, so I went back to Ohio for a bit to chill with the family.

I know it's been quiet in these parts lately, anyway; there have been a lot of moving pieces to wrangle.

I'm not saying I’ve got all of the pieces corralled, but I'm pretty handy with a rope (you know what I'm talking about, Hilary. Hot cha cha!), so I'm certain we'll get everything figured out. Thank God we've got some shine brewing in the shed.

To all my D.C. peeps, I'll be in and out (that's what he said) of the area every couple of weeks, and to my Ohio cats, specifically in the Northeast region, let's totally keep it retro and meet up for pancakes. How's Tuesday look for you?

In the Comments section, tell me if you'd like to meet up for pancakes.

*The chicks, which were hatched from eggs in an incubator, were actually my nephew's project for the local homeschooling science fair. He won a ribbon and free bird flu vaccination from CVS. Score!

They're now going to my other sister's farm which has a chicken coop -- an entire house just for chickens. Crazy.

I may or may not kidding about the shine, though.

Labels: , ,

10 Comments:

  • At 10:22 AM , Blogger The Maiden Metallurgist said...

    Thank goodness they aren't staying in the living room.

     
  • At 11:24 AM , Blogger CamiKaos said...

    I don't want to talk about pancakes...

    But I will tell you that when I was little we raised chickens. Just a few, not alot. We hatched them from eggs in an incubator but because we lived in California (not Ohio) we hatched them in our garage and then they lived out back in the chicken coop behind our house. Our neighbors goat liked to come over and stare at them.

    I wonder if I'm joking....

     
  • At 12:56 PM , Blogger WendyB said...

    Did you ever see the I Love Lucy episode where all the little chicks got loose in the house?

     
  • At 11:52 PM , Blogger paperback reader said...

    Homeschooling science fair projects sound like you could just say, "Science is a lie perpetuated by those who would deny God His glory" and get an A.

    I would have been much better at that.

    Also, I just recently got free of those ropes. You are indeed skilled, and thanks for leaving Combos so I could sustain myself.

     
  • At 10:09 AM , Blogger Deirdre said...

    I totally want pancakes. But I'm about 12 hours away from Cincinnati (is that even close to the correct spelling?) (I knew a German girl who kept asking for directions to Chin-chinitty. It took us a while to figure out where she really meant).

    So no go on the pancakes, but I understand moonshine syrup's all the rage in hillbilly circles. Two birds! One stone!

     
  • At 6:26 PM , Blogger Spellbound said...

    Well, you can't keep chickens outside in the cold, now can you?

     
  • At 11:51 AM , Blogger Del-V said...

    When you are in DC lets go out and get a drink or five. I'm not interested in pancakes. It must be a DC thing.

     
  • At 2:26 PM , Blogger M@ said...

    I heard you joined the Navy.

     
  • At 12:13 PM , Blogger feathered lawn said...

    pancakes pancakes pancakes.

     
  • At 6:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I don't eat pancakes, but I like me some chicken. Which Tuesday might that be? I'm way behind on blog reading.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home