123Valerie Strikes Again

Unprecedented Self-Indulgence.

Thursday, April 17, 2008

Such a Hot Head

Alzheimer's is a terrible, debilitating disease and I don't mean to make light of its effects. But if you're anything like my fambly members, you make wildly inappropriate jokes and laugh about things that your long-suffering 90-year-old Grandmother said because of her addled brain.

My Grandma went about a year where the only words she would utter over and over and over again were, "Dear Lord, please stop the sizzling in my head. Dear Lord, please stop the sizzling in my head."

Oh, we used to laugh over that one. Not to her face or anything. We're tasteless, not cruel.

But today? Well, it's not so funny. I'm actually starting to understand what she may have meant. This life seems to have two speeds lately:
  1. Captain Insane-O Does the Warp-Speed Dance
  2. Captain Insane-O Does the Warp-Speed Dance after 16 Red-Bull and Vodkas
Dear Lord, please stop the sizzling in my head.

In the Comments section, tell me what you'd rather be doing.

Labels: , ,

12 Comments:

  • At 4:58 PM , Blogger WendyB said...

    My head's sizzling in sympathy.

     
  • At 6:23 PM , Blogger paperback reader said...

    I'd rather be doing just about anything, really. Not than reading your blog, of course - that would be rude.

     
  • At 8:20 PM , Blogger Nina said...

    I would rather be reader your blog than doing any other thing. I am off for spring break next year. Thank God.

     
  • At 8:47 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Counting my millions stashed under the bed. After I'm done reading your blog of course.

     
  • At 9:56 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I would rather be having wild sex with you. After the wild sex I would cuddle with you and then ask if I could rub your feet.

     
  • At 7:20 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Valerie,

    Lesbianism is a beautiful thing.

    We've always seem to connect when it came to alternative lifestyles.

    Have a great day.

     
  • At 10:24 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    That's what u get for cutting the vodka.

     
  • At 12:32 PM , Blogger Del-V said...

    I'd rather be at the zoo. On a day like this, it would be awesome. Oh yeah, and reading your blog.

     
  • At 4:17 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

    The pope is dope!

     
  • At 11:03 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Reminds me of an account I read by a neuroscientist who was able to experience the phenomenom of stroke from the inside--she had one.

    She said she felt an incredible sense of peace as electrical activity quieted in part of her brain. She literally experienced her mind quieting....

    It's similar to what people try to do in meditation or yoga, I suppose.

    The best memoir title I ever saw: An Unquiet Mind.

    --Matt

     
  • At 1:13 PM , Blogger Amanda said...

    I am quite content reading this here ol' blog. Thank you very much. :)

     
  • At 6:56 PM , Blogger Katsoulis said...

    It's really a beautiful phrase.

    And I think you have to laugh or it becomes unbearable.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home