123Valerie Strikes Again

Unprecedented Self-Indulgence.

Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Meat Head and the Chicken Fandanglies

It's not every day a gal gets a bag of meat in the mail … but it really should be.

God bless the great state of Oklahoma and one of its finest inhabitants, Mr. Woodrow, for sending some venison jerky to yours truly. All I can show you is the sack because I done ate up every last bit of it.


Dee.Lish.Us.

I have some jerk pork jerky marinating as we speak (or read and write) to return in kind, but it's going to be tough to beat his meat.

Heh.

W also provided me with directions, and thank goodness, because it's been quite a while since I've had any meat in my hands. Take that as you will, but I almost let my friend Al Bal set me up with someone who's described as "kind of a crack head, but he'd be a lot of fun."

I admit, I gave it a legitimate thought but I'm getting too old to be doing shiz like that any more. I am officially 28 years of age.

Thank you all for the birthday wishes; I got some amazing bleu cheese from Lorelai and a wonderful gift from the Pennsylvania judicial system when it dropped some charges against me on account of my being a "nice person." I swear to Joe. I can't make this stuff up.

This is not the time nor place to go into it—but according to a very reputable anonymous source with a great rack, not only is it OK to send thank-you notes to cops who arrest you in a kindly manner, it's also a darn good idea.

In the Comments section, tell me what you like about Pennsylvania.

Labels: ,

13 Comments:

  • At 8:51 AM , Blogger WendyB said...

    Happy birthday. You're irritatingly young. Stop it.

     
  • At 9:14 AM , Blogger Amanda said...

    I am on my way to 28 this year... so shush. And Happy Birthday! My favorite thing about PA... HERSHEY!!! never been but I wanna go :-)

     
  • At 10:56 AM , Blogger CamiKaos said...

    I've never been there... but my friend bubblewench lives there... but I wish she moved back here... so I'm not sure what I like about it.

    OH.

    Cheesteaks!

     
  • At 10:56 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    What I love about Pennsylvania: the sky. Seriously. That state puts out some beautiful sky spans.

     
  • At 12:09 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    "kind of a crack head, but he'd be a lot of fun."

    Too funny.

    I also have had cordial relations as an arrestee. I've only been hauled in by Vermont's finest, rather than local cops.

    Animal

     
  • At 12:51 PM , Blogger paperback reader said...

    Happy belated birthday, miss, and here's hoping the next time a gentleman proffers handcuffs, pants rather than charges are dropped.

     
  • At 3:27 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Happy B-day! You got man-meat?! So jealous..

     
  • At 4:50 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    What I like about PA is my Prompton corner. I found a beautiful new trail today! I can't wait for hot days in the summer so I can sit under thrusting water! Nature, V. Nature is what I love about PA! ; ) G-)

     
  • At 5:32 PM , Blogger Mel O said...

    You're too funny Val!! You crack me up. You really are quite lucky to have such good friends spoil you with yummy goodies, too!

    Man meat... lol! Thanks for the laugh, doll!

    P.S. I drove thru PA as a kid and all I remember is my mom attempting to explain the PA Dutch to me... that's all I think about, to this day, when I hear about PA.

     
  • At 5:37 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Happy Birthday. I'm from PA - that's what I like!

     
  • At 8:25 AM , Blogger Lorelai236 said...

    Yes, many more happy birthdays Lady. We love you. :)

     
  • At 12:58 PM , Blogger Del-V said...

    Happy Birthday Val!

    Pennsylvania is cool because it sounds like Transylvania. And I can drive from Maryland to Pennsylvania and buy fireworks. Now ask me why I like Virginia!

     
  • At 8:01 AM , Blogger The Lady Who Doesn't Lunch: said...

    Happy belated birthday, as I'm just discovering your blog. I like it here.

    I like Pennsylvania because well of course Suze is from there and also there are lots more hills and trees than Ohio where I'm from.
    Oh, and Primanti Bros. sandwiches (in Pittsburgh).

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home