123Valerie Strikes Again

Unprecedented Self-Indulgence.

Thursday, February 01, 2007

123Valerie Strikes OUT Again

My pretties, I'd like you to officially welcome JennyJenny8675309 to the group.

See, um, I've happily lived with JennyJenny for a while now, and she hasn't seen my blog. Kind of on purpose because, well, ya'll know me (some of you even in person), so you know I can be a bit, erm, out there sometimes.

I didn't mean to not show her, but for some reason, I never got around to telling her about how I like the girls sometimes, which is odd because I've never kept that from anyone--my family has known for more than a decade. But, several months in, there just never seemed a good time, and I didn't want to freak her out, and so I knew if she read the blog she would realize and then she might feel weird, like I was going to try and hit on her. (Which, while JennyJenny is totally lovely, she is in no way, shape or form, my type. At all. Not even a little bit. None.)

You can understand why it would be easier to just skirt the issue, which was working out swimmingly.

Then, as per usual, my *plan* failed. See, I took some liberties in mentioning some of JennyJenny's activities--all good things, in my book, but my book is definitely a different read than most others'. So, long story short, JennyJenny stumbled on to this here blog, and Lucy had some 'splaning to do.

This is a good lesson that this is my dysfunctional blog, and I need to protect the innocent. This is also a good lesson for you kids, as I know a few of you have had some issues with people finding your blogs unexpectedly with disasterous results. The Internets are not private, kids, and some people do not want their privates discussed or shown. Though many people do, and I could give you the addresses of a few good Web sites if you're interested.

In any case, because the Internets are not private, let me make this very public apology to JennyJenny and XXXX for postulating about their affairs simply because I didn't have much going on in my own life.

In the Comments section, say hi to JennyJenny and tell her your favorite ice cream flavor.

Labels:

19 Comments:

  • At 3:04 PM , Blogger M@ said...

    Jenny, Val's always talking about you in an inappropriate manner. You want to be careful w/ this one b/c sometimes things happen and groups of people just lez out.

     
  • At 3:08 PM , Blogger 123Valerie said...

    Mattress, you are not helping. Matt's jus jeluz because he can't lez out.

     
  • At 3:42 PM , Blogger Red Photography said...

    Hi Jenny! I just discovered oreo cookie ice cream with cookie dough from Maggie Moos. I ate a whole bunch on Sunday after deciding that tater tots, a grilled cheese sandwich, and a glass of fine whisky was an inadequate dinner.

     
  • At 4:47 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Hi, JennyJenny. My name is Glynnis and my favorite ice cream flavor is coffee, but I am a HUGE fan of Ben and Jerry's concoctions like American Pie, Cherry Garcia, Fossil Fuel, Half Baked, Neapolitan Dynomite and Phish Food! Now, don't think I am a ice cream junky with such a long list. Just an experimenter with a sweet tooth I sometimes can't control~ Love ya, Val. Bye, JennyJenny.

     
  • At 5:19 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    JennyJenny, I really like Rocky Road. It's my most favorite ice cream in the world, and although I've been avoiding it for months, Val has inspired me to pick some up on the way home. What a great gal.

     
  • At 6:01 PM , Blogger Tom Bailey said...

    All this ice cream talk......

    I quit eatting ice cream over 5 years ago. I still think about eatting ice cream. I liked chocolate ice cream with chocolate syrup and chocolate chips on the top.

    Yes, a woman introduced me to the idea in a way that I can not forget.

     
  • At 6:09 PM , Blogger Starboard Tack said...

    Hi JennyJenny8675309,

    If you are still mad at 123Valerie, and seeking a new roommate, just let me know ... *smile* I was only using 123Valerie to get to you.

    Starboard Tack

     
  • At 8:02 PM , Blogger nolongermrsborell said...

    Why Hello JennyJenny! And hello 123Valerie!! Hello everyone for that matter!!

     
  • At 8:34 PM , Blogger mist1 said...

    How can you keep a blog from someone that you live with? I blogged about my cat once and he scratched my eyeballs out for it.

     
  • At 11:17 PM , Blogger hyacinths and biscuits said...

    I have a hard time telling people that I have a blog because then I feel like a nerd. I mentioned it to my boyfriend once, but he didn't ask for the address and I haven't mentioned it since. I also told my best friend, who immediately wanted to know the address. I won't tell him, either. It's too weird.

    In any case, Hi JennyJenny8675309, my favorite ice cream flavor is Moose Tracks. It sounds and looks like you're eating snow that a dirty moose stepped all over. It tastes like heaven.

     
  • At 3:58 AM , Blogger Nosjunkie said...

    I just dont want the people I live with to read my blog. I would get fired on the spot for blogging with malitios intenet (damn I hope I spelt that right)

     
  • At 9:52 AM , Blogger Kristin said...

    D'oh. This is why I tell EVERYBODY about my site and blog responsibly. I cannot keep a secret (about my own life) to save my life. I'm great with other people's. I should think about that.

    Hi, JennyJenny8675309! Sorry I missed your birthday shindig. Hope you had fun.

     
  • At 10:39 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    hey jenny jenny, tj and i say hi and we loved your coffee maker :)

     
  • At 11:43 AM , Blogger 123Valerie said...

    HP, I love grilled cheese and whisky. I also love pork chops and whisky. And Cheez-Its and whisky. And pickles and whisky.

    Glynntastic, I think you're sweet.

    Roonie, that's so nice. While you're out, could get me a bottle of Beam?

    Hmmm--Hello, Tommy Bailey. Tell me more. Photos will suffice.

    ST, JennyJenny is an awesome catch. I'll see if she's up for trip to Hotlanta.

    Hello Mrs. Kirstin, how ya derin?

    Not very well, Mist. Not very well. Fortunately, JennyJenny is declawed.

    Hy Biscuits, I'm with you--it's weird. I'm intrugued, tho--your best friend is male? That's awesome.

    Nos, honey, if you need a job come on over. We could get married in and secure you a greencard. Oh, wait, that's right: the United States doesn't allow same-sex marriages, but it's totally okay to marry a 14-year-old, provided you get her pregnant first.

    Hi K! Just hope we see you Saturday!

    Al Bal, the coffee maker told me that it liked you, too. Want me to hook something up?

     
  • At 11:05 PM , Blogger Lee said...

    Hi JennyJenny - I talk about my roommate pretty often too, but she's always known about it and often participates.

    I don't like ice cream cuz I'm always cold and ice cream doesn't help.

     
  • At 10:29 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Sorry - I'm a little late to reading this; I'm not a big blog person. But, hi!

    And just to be clear, I was never "mad" at Val...I was just surprised...and prefer people to learn about my love life from me, if at all. That's all :)

    ICE CREAM...I love it...all flavors. Mint cookies and cream is a new favorite!

     
  • At 2:31 PM , Blogger James Burnett said...

    Hi JennyJenny. I'm a butter pecan fan, myself.

     
  • At 2:36 PM , Blogger hyacinths and biscuits said...

    Why yes, my best friend is male. He's actually an ex boyfriend of mine (which I know my BF doesn't appreciate, but...what can you do?). I think we operate a lot better as friends.

     
  • At 12:40 AM , Blogger 123Valerie said...

    Lee, how does that dual blogging thing work? Do you sit on each other's laps?

    Hola, officially, JennyJenny. I'm 123Valerie. You may know me as Val, or that crazy person you live with who sometimes leaves the mustard in the bathroom and drinks all of the beer.

    James Burnett, I can't really get down with the Butter Pecan--a bit too sweet. More for you.

    Hy Biscuits, "we operate better as friends," is, I believe, girl code for, "He's not very good in bed." Correct me if I'm wrong, cause I'll stop using that line.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home