123Valerie Strikes Again

Unprecedented Self-Indulgence.

Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Shining, Not Whining

Man, my heart's been done broke twice this week. Jon Jon the Bawl'mer Son is gone. (This is why I'm a writer, kids.)

Let's have a moment of silence for Jonny Boy. Let us also silence the whining. And by "us" I mean "me." It's not attractive. Broken heart schmoken heart. It ain't the first, and sad to say it probably won't be the last. For now I am employing a subtle but constant plan of attack by sending The Boy all of the not-very-good schmoopy love songs I'm writing about him, coupled with my random thoughts in which he is the star.

Pride? What's that? I think he gets it though, if it's at all possible to "get" the jumble of thoughts that tumble out of me.

On the real tip, things are going well on the whole, kids. I got a congratulatory plant today for the new jobby job, I'm down to the weight that my driver's license says that I am, and good things are swirling about like confetti.

Consider my 'tude adjusted, along with my bra strap. The blogroll will be updated soon with all ya'll who've been popping in.

In fact, I know I've been really bad about reciprocating the blog love, but I'll tell you someone who's captured my interest these days: Krazee Eyez Killa. First of all, he's Pimpin' for Jesus, he loves his wife and kid, and he manages to seamlessly meld that with his straight-up gangsta lean. Brilliant.

Remind me to tell you about the one summer I became a hardcore Christian. That was after the summer I was a lesbian, but before the one where I was in beauty school.

In the Comments section, tell me whose blog you're in lurve with these days.

Labels:

17 Comments:

  • At 2:02 PM , Blogger Jon said...

    Don't worry Val, me and the ol' blog are just on a break. It's just like Ross and Rachael from Friends. Only not nearly as gay.

     
  • At 2:44 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I am beyond obsessed with this blog (are Myspace things considered blogs?):

    www.myspace.com/princessbrandi8200

    (I don't know how to link within a comment, so you'll have to cut and paste...)

    I cannot stop obsessing over this person... Honestly... It's unhealthy...

    --Minty

     
  • At 3:31 PM , Blogger Some Goofy Woman said...

    Well, duh!

    YOURS!!

    Congrats on the new 'tude. He's a turd for trying to peel you while ogling other fruit.

    AD

     
  • At 3:37 PM , Blogger M@ said...

    I love Animal Mind.

     
  • At 3:39 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I like you blog a lot, too, Valerie..

    But it's just no Princess Brandy 8200... Maybe if you could somehow link the song she has on her blog, I would be motivated to move your blog ahead, but that song along with her slide show photos is just...textual description eludes me.

    I hope you understand.

    --Minty

     
  • At 4:07 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I've been reading Jon's blog for over a year now.

    He owes me.

     
  • At 11:07 PM , Blogger mist1 said...

    Your summers sound more productive than mine.

    There was the summer that I slept on my own couch and the summer that I decided not to work and the summer that I don't remember...

     
  • At 4:29 AM , Blogger Akelamalu said...

    Glad to hear you're picking yourself up and dusting off!

    Obsessive blog?

    Bathrooms of the world
    http://nybathrooms.blogspot.com/
    don't ask me why cos I don't know!

     
  • At 8:02 AM , Blogger Michael Lazenby said...

    123 -

    Wow - Krazee is down wit you for life after your front page pimpin'.

    Your site is da bomb and I also dig http://hoomahakau.blogspot.com and http://hideous-minty.blogspot.com.

    Holla,

    Krazee Eyez Killa

     
  • At 8:25 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    A well adjusted bra strap is important. It can mean the difference between one very saggy looking boob and two boobs in the right place.

     
  • At 10:04 AM , Blogger repsac3 said...

    For lurve, I'd have to go with The QC Report. It's penned (pecked?) by the one-time actress Quinn Cummings, and is funny & yet truthful as hell. (And, according to my sister-in-law, that Hiphugger Baby Sling really is a neat item.) I've been disciplined for reading it during my frequent bouts of insomnia, because the stifled snickers & other assorted noises of joy are disturbing to the wife.

    Of course, being new here, my lurve for the hostess is only growing... 8>) Glad to hear the sun has come out...

     
  • At 3:19 PM , Blogger Woodrow said...

    Your summers sound much more interesting than mine too.

     
  • At 6:12 PM , Blogger Dave said...

    Valerie,

    Have you ever dressed up as a pirate on Halloween. A red haired woman dressed as a pirate can have any guy she wants. Try it.

     
  • At 8:29 PM , Blogger Spellbound said...

    I must quit my job and blog full time. I just can't keep up with you all and I love them all so much. I was a hardcore Christian one summer. That is also the summer I lost my virginity for the third time. I was never good at fixing hair (or math), but I did learn Morris code at the Southern Baptist camp for aspiring missionaries. Glad you left Jon Jon behind in the dust where he belongs.

     
  • At 9:54 AM , Blogger repsac3 said...

    Senor Caiman's not lying about that pirate thing. It's a plain fact.

    Yo hoe hoe, & a bottle of yer best...

     
  • At 4:53 PM , Blogger Erica Ann Putis said...

    That sucks you got your heart broken. What's the 80's song... was is Arrowsmith? Love hurts... love... something... something... something... No? You don't know this one?? Haha... I love captainsmack.blogspot.com he's one funny shit.

     
  • At 5:51 AM , Blogger repsac3 said...

    Sorry for being a music know-it-all, but that's Nazareth, you're referring to...

    Curious? Follow the linkie:
    YouTube - Nazareth - Love Hurts

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home