123Valerie Strikes Again

Unprecedented Self-Indulgence.

Friday, May 04, 2007

Smitten Kitten

Ya'll, seriously. I am the cotton candy, sunshine and puppies kind of smitten.

I made The Boy, who we shall call A.J., dinner last night. Fajitas. It seemed right. Dinner was delicious, followed by slow dancing in the kitchen, then we walked Wonder Dog Bean, and even her poops seemed romantic.

Now, I have sworn not to give it up to ensure he hangs around. Funny, the amount of time a woman waits for sex is indicative of how significant she expects the relationship to be. Or, you know, maybe it just means she's frigid. It's a toss up. But, after some serious teenagers-in-the-basement kind of making out, we made the disclosures about ourselves that could be potential deal breakers.

A.J.: "You should know that I can't take a good picture. Ever. If I know I'm being photographed, I will make a face to screw it up."

Me: "Fair enough. Please don't ever make me eat anything that's got sweet and savory flavors mixed. I mean it. No honey-roasted peanuts. No sweet and sour chicken. No pineapple-glazed ham."

A.J.: "Alright, deal. I will hold you for approximately 10 minutes before we go to sleep, but I can't fall asleep holding someone or being held, so we're going to have to separate at some point. It's not personal."

Me: "Thank God. Me either. Oh, and I wear a sleep mask. It's pink satin."

A.J.: "... That might hurt your chances."

Kids, he is all sorts of great. In other news, I am giddy with lurve. That's not really other news, but it's all I can think of right now.

In the Comments section, tell me one of your relationship deal-breakers.

Labels:

16 Comments:

  • At 12:38 PM , Blogger Akelamalu said...

    Aww you're in lurve!

    Dealbreaker - I snore!

     
  • At 12:51 PM , Blogger Red Photography said...

    You're already at the making dinner phase? Man, that was fast.

     
  • At 1:21 PM , Blogger M@ said...

    Jesus Christ. Am I in the wedding?Next Saturday is not good for me. Are you pregnant?

     
  • At 4:11 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I'm far too sucked into this romantic endeavor, ma'am...

    My biggest deal-breaker is a short man. I'm 5'9", so he has to be over 6' or I feel too tall...

    And grammar is important...

    --Minty

     
  • At 4:12 PM , Blogger Woodrow said...

    If she has a hip problem that prevent her from being on top.

     
  • At 4:14 PM , Blogger Michael Lazenby said...

    Woodrow, my man... That is the best comment I have ever read.

    You are my hero.

    Kickin' it,

    Krazee Eyez Killa

     
  • At 4:16 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Woodrow-

    What about a thigh problem? Lower back? Or is it specifically a hip problem that would be a deal-breaker?

    I don't know why I am asking.

    --Minty

     
  • At 5:09 PM , Blogger EsLocura said...

    ohhh sweet lurve. Deal breaker: stupidity and bad teeth.

     
  • At 5:28 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    How cute and sweet. Deal breaker: not getting me mine first.

     
  • At 7:38 PM , Blogger Dave said...

    Valerie,

    I still have an unopened wok that has your name on it.

    I've had sex on every first date I've had so I'm wondering what you are thinking by not having sex. Does he have a penis? Could he be a transsexual? Please have sex.

     
  • At 10:00 PM , Blogger WanderingGirl said...

    Fan-freakin-tastic!!!

     
  • At 7:16 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Akelamalu, you and I would never work aa a couple. Good thing you're already deliriously in lurve.

    Kate, I KNOW! this is sooooo not me.

    No, thank goodness Mattress.

    Aw, Minty, thanks. It means alot too have you're supportt. Garmmer means alot two me to.

    Woody, honey, that takes a woman out of my running, too.

    KEK, um, I'm glad you liked Woody's comment so much. Moving on ...

    EsL, those seem fair. I typically draw the line at no teeth. Usually.

    Pool, my dear, I'm okay with going last ... as long as I go at least thrice. I'm a hard woman to love. Literally.

    Senor, we're gonna need a D.J. You in?

    High five, WG!

     
  • At 8:13 AM , Blogger Some Goofy Woman said...

    I'm so excited to hear how this comes out. New love is so wonderful. Thank you for sharing all the tender and cute details. More like that, and be quick about it!

     
  • At 8:57 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Congratulations!!!Deal breaker for me was "if you want another date you've gotta take me to a Titans football game." IT WORKED!!

     
  • At 1:08 PM , Blogger Lee said...

    Gee whiz, I hope he's good in the sack, cuz that my dear, is a the Real Deal Breaker.

     
  • At 1:57 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Well I am with Lee on this one. That is a deal breaker for sure.

    I am so happy for you. I don't think I have ever seen you like this.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home