123Valerie Strikes Again

Unprecedented Self-Indulgence.

Friday, November 16, 2007

In the Pink

Or reason #645 why I shouldn't be allowed out in public without adult supervision and a leash.

My homegirl Kate from Hey Pretty had a birthday last weekend, and we all gathered at her abode to celebrate the Scorpio lass with foods and drinks and one very fuzzy pink coat.

Teh Fuzzee Pink Cote: Ur doin it wrong

As much as I'd like to explain that I only have this coat because my mother bequeathed it to me, I ultimately made the decision to wear it out. The pink fuzzy apple doesn't fall far from the crazy tree, I guess.

To be frank, my entire day leading up to the party was full of miscalculations and questionable decisions. I think the trouble started when I decided to forego the logical decision to bring beer or wine to the party and opted instead for Jell-O shots. I mean, I did a nice key lime pie recipe, using Limey Jell-O and cream soda instead of water. Oh, and vodka. A lot of that. A lot.

Then, I zipped over to Lorelai's house so we could Metro down together. And when I got there, maybe I stepped over the tipsy line with a couple of glasses of wine and maybe I didn't. But maybe I did.

Lorelai and I were the first ones to arrive, which is always fine with me because then I can scope out the best vantage point and figure out which seat makes my boobs look the best. Strategy, people, strategy.

A gaggle of Miss Kate's friends arrived after us and the wine flowed and the conversation sparked and there was even jazz music, like real adults listen to. Nice.

And then at some point, after we'd all shared our favorite Kate memories it all went horribly, horribly wrong, as I forced the neon green Jell-O shots on poor, innocent partygoers and I made everyone (EVERYONE) try on the pink coat.

Straight Pimpin', lady!

Yes! Rock on wit your badself!


Fierce, EJ. Fierce!

That is a very secure man right there.

Now that is gorgeous! Rock it, girlfriend!

Sassy and sophisticated.

I lurve dis pink coat.

And then maybe I fell into the laps of a very nice married couple and probably stayed there for a minute or two longer than was necessary.

A rare photo of me upright that evening.

Well, now that it's Friday, I could atone for all of my social sins and fashion crimes of last weekend, but something tells me that when Lorelai and I meet up with Hilary the Guy from Pistols at Dawn and a few of his friends tonight for a bloggy smooshup, I'll probably be wearing the fuzzy pink coat yet again whilst falling into one or more laps.

Because nothing says "grown up" like pink fur and stumbling.

Yes, things are looking up. Including me.

In the Comments section, tell me about your favorite fashion statement. Or about a time when you fell into someone's lap.

Labels:

10 Comments:

  • At 4:08 PM , Blogger CamiKaos said...

    I'm not telling you about my fashion mistakes, I don't make those. I am a fashion goddess in the way that I don't care if I am fashionable... and that is almost always a mistake. As is the fact that I rely upon the staples of my youth. Boots, tights, little black dresses, jeans and too many tank tops. But I am in LURVE with your pink fuzz coat.

     
  • At 4:53 PM , Blogger Woodrow said...

    Loved the pics. Especially that last one. You look like some cartoon character but I can't think of which one. Something white a fuzzy I guess.


    Anywho, my favorite fashion statement is my old disgusting and falling apart birks that most people would have thrown away many years ago but that I've been known to wear to church.

     
  • At 5:44 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Val you are too funny!

    This reminds of me of one of our DC Christmas nights out in Pittsburgh (maybe the first?) where Kara either wore a hotel towl or a robe (can't remember) out to one of the night clubs in Station Square! You two kill me!!

    Anyway, without that coat on, I love that shirt you're wearing! You're totally rockin' it!

     
  • At 7:05 PM , Blogger paperback reader said...

    Bold times call for bold fashion decisions.

     
  • At 8:03 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Valerie,

    Love the coat, very cool. I have a pimp hat that would go great with it.

    I have a Santa Clause costume that I use to always wear to the company Christmas Party. By the end of the evening my stomach pillow was down in my crotch. Then the HR Department started enforcing sexual harassment policies and took all the fun out of my costume.

     
  • At 4:56 AM , Blogger Rachel Schell said...

    do you have that coat on backwards?

    haha! very entertaining post. I enjoyed it!

    and that coat is to die for!! your mom had good taste, but I don't so maybe she didn't.

     
  • At 8:25 AM , Blogger Akelamalu said...

    Love the coat, you suit it best! You haven't visited for a while are you busy?

     
  • At 8:40 AM , Blogger WanderingGirl said...

    I totally want to rock that coat! I think you should send it on a world tour of bloggers, a la Osbasso's shirt. I pick me to start it!

    I don't know that I ever fell into someone's lap, but I did fall off my bike in front of a guy on Single's Awareness Day (aka, Feb. 14)and he hit on me while I was face-down on the pavement. Horrible. And, he ruined my shoes. Tragic and unforgiveable.

     
  • At 11:41 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I definitely like matching my pants to my coats. Once I got so hammered on a girls night out, I very cougarishly pinched the toushie of a guy while on a date. (grinning sheepishly)

     
  • At 11:24 PM , Blogger WendyB said...

    Dang! Look at y'all working that coat.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home