123Valerie Strikes Again

Unprecedented Self-Indulgence.

Friday, December 01, 2006

A Post Not Quite Fit For a Princess, But Megan Jane Gets It Anyway

Two important things are happening today. Well, ONE important thing and another that's mildly amusing.

First, this day 27 years ago, Megan Jane was born. The world was made a better place by:

her ability to tap dance in heels.

Her killer tuna salad with pickles (a.k.a. Heav'n)

her proclivity toward playing Boxcar Children in the suburban woods of Ohio.

her awesome tumbling skills, etc. as a Bobcat cheerleader (go blue and white!)

her pottery throwing skills. No sarcasm here. I have a beautiful mug from her, and I know for a fact a lot of other beautiful pieces exist.

having awesome hair. Megan Jane hasn't had a bad hair day in her life. Except maybe Picture Day in 7th grade. Not her fault.

being my popsicle. From the very first time I met that girl, she captured me. She's my pop-si-cle! All I know is that she makes me feel so fancy free. Gonna love her for a lifetime. And I know she's gonna love me too. She makes me feel, feel so real. And it feels so good, through and through.
Sweeter than candy
Better than cake

That's my Megan Jane. If you didn't understand that that was reminiscent of the New Kids On the Block, then you obviously were not a kewl girl in the late 1980s. Bummer for you, dude.

Megan Jane was a kewl girl then, and she's a kewl girl now. Believe that.

Though it's unlikely, perhaps you'll enjoy the next bit of news as much as Megan Jane's birthday: I am sleeping in a fucking CASTLE tonight. CASTLE. Like a real, live princess. A CASTLE.

Must go. Ghosts of dead kings and such are calling.

In the Comment section, wish Megan Jane a lovely new year, and tell her how happy you are she was born.

*******
UPDATE

I was at the castle because Adelka Ann and Justin P. have really awesome friends who buy castles and invite us over to stay in them and drink tequila so good that after 7 shots, I woke up right as rain.

I slept in one of the round rooms in those towery kind of things that castles have.

I will have full details later, I promise.

10 Comments:

  • At 8:09 AM , Blogger Kristin said...

    My life is all the better for knowing Megan Jane. She's a truly amazing person and I definitely wish her the happiest of birthdays. May this be her best year yet!

     
  • At 11:04 AM , Blogger mist1 said...

    I had a crush on Jordan. Was I kewl?

     
  • At 11:49 AM , Blogger The CEO said...

    I wish I knew her too. Enjoy the Castle, while the rest of us pine about without you. Do hurry home.

     
  • At 11:55 AM , Blogger 123Valerie said...

    K, we are a lucky bunch to know each other, aren't we? I'm just being modest.

    Mist, honey, Megan Jane was so kewl that she declared a crush on fugly Danny just so our other friend could "have" Jordan. I was a Donnie fan, myself.

    Jefe, I pine for you all every day of my life, Castle or no.

     
  • At 12:03 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Happy Birthday Megan!!!!!

    Why are you going to the castle val??

    I LOVED JORDAN KNIGHT just like you mist1! he was the cutest. haha.

     
  • At 12:29 PM , Blogger M@ said...

    This blog certainly has lots of directions....

    I am reminded that I need to go guitar shopping soon.... I want to be kewl too.

     
  • At 12:43 PM , Blogger 123Valerie said...

    Hiya Al Bal, Meg's pretty great, isn't she?

    Matty, welcome to my world, kid. I'm all over the place. Literally. Could you pick me up some strings while you're out? Steel, please. Thanks!

     
  • At 2:51 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Megs is pretty great :) oh and ya val..i used to LOVE the boxcar children. i wanted to live in a boxcar with them and go on thier adventures!!!

     
  • At 10:37 PM , Blogger Brita Mess said...

    Valerie, that was so beautiful and so true. Yeah Meggles! Happy Birthday Sistalovely.

     
  • At 7:29 PM , Blogger M@ said...

    yeah, 1-2-3, Valerie's on strike!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home