123Valerie Strikes Again

Unprecedented Self-Indulgence.

Thursday, May 10, 2007

Mail Role Model

I hate hot weather. Seriously. I'm more of a Winter person. I got my postcard today! And my probation requirements, but that is neither here nor there.




"We are not what we seem." Indeed, Winter. Indeed. I am not a "Nappy Headed Ho." I am a Frizzy Headed Ho.


"Val, Glad you are not here because that would be creepy. Winter" She knows me so well.

Now, JennyJenny8675309 and I have been accosted on more than one occasion by our mail carrier.

"G-D magazines. You girls need to empty your box more often," he chastises.

Actually, sir, my box needs filled more often, know what I'm sayin'?
But, we are kind of lax about checking the mail, so our box is often jam packed with outdated material. I once found my 1990 census form in there. We frequently receive notice that our mail is being held hostage at the local postal office.
But that creates a whole new drama. What kind of professional person can get to the post office between the hours of 9 a.m. and 5 p.m.? Seriously. That's the reason I still have my friend Theresa's birthday present from early March. (Ya'll, aren't those flower pendants the best? I love them! I'm picking out several.)
Some might mistake this as my entry for Mist's call for posts for Carnival of the Mundane. They would be wrong. I've got tons of this stuff.
In the Comments section, tell me how awesome Winter is for sending perfect strangers post cards. Quantify it, if you could. Like, "Winter is so awesome, it kills cats."

Labels:

16 Comments:

  • At 5:15 AM , Blogger EsLocura said...

    I get mail 2 ways, I have a P.O. box which requires I drive for 1/2 an hour to get my mail and my actual address which requires I spend 2 hrs spelling/explaining it. I live in the mountains we don't have street names or signs, If you want to find my house you need to hire a detective.

     
  • At 7:15 AM , Blogger Akelamalu said...

    I hate Winter!

    I love Mail, even junk mail!

     
  • At 7:40 AM , Blogger Lee said...

    Winter's postcard made my day. In this day of instantaneous email, it's amazing how nice a personal piece of snailmail can feel to the soul.

     
  • At 9:10 AM , Blogger Woodrow said...

    Winter's the shit. And what lovely penmanship.

     
  • At 9:30 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

    For a second I thought you were talking about Post Secret.

    For a third, a simple postcard of a mailbox and the words "FILL ME UP" might suit ya.

    muhaha!

     
  • At 10:01 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I have no idea why I like doing it so much.

     
  • At 10:31 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    winter is so cool, A post card from her made my day. Its currently on the fridge with all the other fridge art.

     
  • At 11:17 AM , Blogger M@ said...

    She wrote the same thing on MY post card.

    Now do you feel as special?

     
  • At 12:28 PM , Blogger Akelamalu said...

    PS Val if you like postcards do you know about Post Secret?

    http://postsecret.blogspot.com/

     
  • At 12:31 PM , Blogger mist1 said...

    My mail carrier brings my magazines to me all in a huff, but I never wear pants at home, so usually his demeanor changes when I open the door.

     
  • At 1:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    This comment has been removed by the author.

     
  • At 1:26 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    eslocura-

    I live in the mountains we don't have street names or signs, If you want to find my house you need to hire a detective.

    I used to have an insurance agent whose address contained the phrase "down the block from the Wal-Mart."

    It was on all of his correspondence...

    Umm..Winter is so awesome that I am changing my name to Nappy Headed Ho immediately.

     
  • At 6:42 PM , Blogger Dave said...

    Valerie,

    Winter is such a sweet thang. Even without a conk I find myself attracted to her.

     
  • At 12:34 AM , Blogger 123Valerie said...

    Es L, I've always wanted a private dick.

    Akelamalu, I know you don't mean that. About either senitment. Also, the Post Secret headquarters are right near me. I mean RIGHT NEAR me.

    Lee Baby, the only thing better is MIRLing :)

    Minty, I mean Nappy Headed Ho, You're so cute.

    Senor, I don't know what that means, but I love it when people love Winter.



    Indeed Woody. When I think of Winter, I think of shitty penmenship.

    Johnny Waffles, you make me smile. I'm not sure why, you just do.

    Winter, that's the way I feel about giving head.

    Pool, Winter is perfect for a front-and-center spot.

    Mattres, playa please. I'm always special.

    Mist, I hate shirts. My favorite look is faded blue jeans and going topless.

     
  • At 5:41 AM , Blogger Akelamalu said...

    Val I do mean both honestly! :)

    I love Post Secret too.

     
  • At 11:07 AM , Blogger thirdworstpoetinthegalaxy said...

    Wow -- a corkscrew came with your post card, and conveniently covered up the address. It's a wonder the mailman was able to deliver it at all.

    We can't fault Winter for writing the same thing on all of these -- it's gotta take a heckuva lot of time to send out so many post cards. She should just have a stamp made.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home