123Valerie Strikes Again

Unprecedented Self-Indulgence.

Monday, October 30, 2006

You Know What Time It Is, 123Valerie. Come Get Your Clock.*

JennyJenny8675309 had a brilliant idea this weekend, simply: "I'm NOT going to set my clock back and hope that I don't realize it in the morning, so I'll have a whole extra hour."

"Hey, that is brilliant!" I thought, so I followed suit. It was crazy enough that it just might work!

Or not.

At 8:30 a.m. (or what people who believe in antiquated ideas like setting clocks back, women in bonnets and VCRs might call 7:30 a.m.), Charlie Cat dive bombed me, rousing me from bed. "Alright 123V," I said to myself. "Well done. You should go running. You have hours."

So I ran. I ran so far away. Actually, no. But, there was sweating and panting and a few curse words, so I know it was a real work out. I came home, took a bubbly bath, read and made an omelet. 10:30. "Guess it's time to head to work and meet up with those goobers who thinks it's 9:30. Har har har."

I felt so smug. Superior, even, to those mere mortals who hadn't the intellect to beat the clock. "I will take over the world. Oh yes. One day it will all be mine for I can harness the power of time." To be fair, I have been watching a lot of the Sci-Fi Network lately.

Anyway, I will spare you that sweaty pit, clenched jaw, Doh feeling I got when I got in my car, saw those numerical enemies laughing at me, and realized I had changed my alarm clock BEFORE JennyJenny8675309 told me of her brilliant plan and completely forgotten that small detail. An even smaller detail? Silly Pants 123Valerie had actually managed to set her clock FORWARD! As in an hour AHEAD! Oh, 123Valerie. So sad.

It's okay. Work is flexible. No morning meetings today. No early deadlines. I actually even worked from home for the better part of my "free" time. You'd think the 37 overdue Outlook reminders might have spurred me to action, but, oh no. "Stupid Outlook program doesn't realize that I hold the key to the universe's time piece. Idiot," I scoffed.

I just missed some pumpkin cupcakes a nice co-worker set out to share. Although, that is enough to make the hell sure my shit is set up for tomorrow. It's currently 4:42 a.m, right?


In the Comments section, tell me if you had any problems with the time change. The winner of the worst problem gets to watch the *Flavor of Love marathon and reunion special with me and Megan Jane. I'll make popcorn.

4 Comments:

  • At 2:06 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    time change day fuckes me up for weeks. seriosuly. i can't handel it. i have new time and old time and i can't keep it straight, can't we just go a half hour each way and forget the whole time change day?????

     
  • At 8:36 AM , Blogger mist1 said...

    I had a huge problem with the time change. See, I try not to start drinking until 5 o'clock. Yesterday, by 4:00, I was shaking and staring at the clock.

    Now, I start at 4:00 because really, this Daylight Savings thing makes no sense. I can't wait until spring when I can start drinking at 3 o'clock.

     
  • At 2:04 AM , Blogger 123Valerie said...

    Alright, FC&F. Shurt urp.

    You're happy. You have a wonderful man.

    You go to hockey games.

    Lucky biatch. Does Mr. Wonderful have a brother? *whimper*

     
  • At 10:58 AM , Blogger nolongermrsborell said...

    I had no problems... C'mon how can you have problems when the bar is open a hour longer???

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home