123Valerie Strikes Again

Unprecedented Self-Indulgence.

Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Spoiler Alert: Happy Ending Ahead

I recently found myself trying to explain what love feels like to The Mist One, which is kind of like trying to describe an orgasm to a nun. A totally hot nun who likes to drink a lot and torment people, of course.

But given that neither Mist nor I have much experience with the subject, I settled on, "I am deliriously, pee-pants happy." Full, content, comfortable and grounded all come to mind, too, but I've had a few more days to think about it.

Now, I am willing to concede that a significant amount of my giddiness stems from meeting Lee Baby, who is every bit as lovely in person as your fantasies have conjured her to be. So darling. And fun. And spunky. And darling. I already said that, but it bears repeating.

Oh, speaking of—or no, not really—Justino had his sculpture exhibit this weekend, and my heart sang to see him and my lovely Adelka Ann. Megan Jane and Jason celebrated, too, and Matty was also there in full force. And there were dogs. A lot of dogs.

So, yes, time with Lee Baby and my awesomest good friends would have made a Perfect 10 weekend skyrocket to a Perfect 100. But, throw in the love (and lovin') of a good man, and we hit the near 1,000,000 mark.

Some of you (in fact, those of you who can read) know the back story and thus may be surprised to learn that The Boy is Back in Town. Suffice to say that A.J. has a solid heart but needed some time to figure out his path.

Very uncharacteristic of me, I waited. And waited. Did some grocery shopping and waited some more. Then, he came riding in on, well, not so much a white horse but a sensible luxury sedan. Works for me.

Now, I find myself smack dab in the middle of love. It's kind of like walking into a big, ole sponge cake: soft and warm and sweet and airy. And a little bit sticky sometimes.

I am happy, my pretties. I found me a good one, and everyone else can see it, too. Everyone adores him—not just me. The only thing better than finding someone you love is finding someone whom everyone else loves, too.

I'm not scared. I'm not freaking out. I'm not trying to sabotage this. I am celebrating and inspired and comfortable and hopeful.



My gah, I'm making myself vomit.

In the Comments section, tell me who or what you love.

Labels:

26 Comments:

  • At 4:50 PM , Blogger KJ said...

    I love you, baby...

    and Red Vines licorice. :)

     
  • At 5:08 PM , Blogger Woodrow said...

    I love shrimp and gin.

     
  • At 5:29 PM , Blogger EsLocura said...

    I'm loving that you are loving, and kissing and all that stuff.

     
  • At 5:59 PM , Blogger mist1 said...

    What kind of shoes do you wear to walk in sponge cake?

     
  • At 7:03 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Lee is true inspiration. I'm glad love is working out for you. a happy ending is a good thing. Yeah for you!!!!

    I loved my husband more than I could ever imagine a human could love. Then I had my little girl and I realized then what true love really was. I worried that I would not be able to feel the same love for my second child when I found out I was to have a 2nd. Then, I was truely amazed to see how much I was capable of loving. How much my heart could give, and all without strings. amazing.

     
  • At 7:05 PM , Blogger Dare said...

    YEEEEEEEEE!!!!
    I am teh happy for you my raven haired goddess of love.
    Yipee...and the fact that you aren't trying to sabotage? Impressive I must say.I knew he would come to his senses...and while waiting? there is no better remedy than shopping for bananas and salami sticks.
    (my fridge is full of both)

     
  • At 7:06 PM , Blogger Dare said...

    oh - and who do I love?
    That would be you.

     
  • At 8:22 PM , Blogger Kristin said...

    I love great music, good wine and my people. That includes you, baby.

     
  • At 8:40 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I am so happy that you are happy!!!!Right now, I am loving the frozen custard Nikolas and I just got from Ro's. Oh, and Nikolas. Oh, and my new job at Blossom. It is freaking awesome. It is not as cool as ya know the whole being in love thing, but it is pretty sweet!!

    ~kirstin

     
  • At 8:54 PM , Blogger Dave said...

    Valerie,

    Congratulations, that Dude is so lucky.

    I'm a firm believer in sex on every date.

     
  • At 9:05 PM , Blogger WanderingGirl said...

    Whoo hoo! I shall immediately stop throwing rocks at him!

    Congrats. I love lurve.

     
  • At 7:19 AM , Blogger M@ said...

    Alan is a very nice man.

    Hey, I like how I got billing just above the dogs (lots of dogs) in your story.

    Nice.

     
  • At 9:10 AM , Blogger Akelamalu said...

    Wahey he's back! I'm so happy for you!

    I love MWM, my children, my grandchildren, my Dad, my brothers, my MIL, my nieces and nephews and my friends, in that order.

     
  • At 9:15 AM , Blogger Lee said...

    Awwwww...we're just one big puddle-o-love aren't we? What a wonderful weekend it was, wasn't it? You are adorable and you and Alan were adorable and Matt was adorable and the hosts and the artist the the dog-whisperer and yes, that big ol' mamrmaduke was adorable.

    Oh and your angelic voice too! My kids and I listened to you on the way to school today. They got those big saucer eyes when they learned that I actually know the person who can make this lovely noise.

    Gee I'm makin myself a lil pukey too. I'm gonna go now.

    xoxo

     
  • At 9:20 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Very good.

    Now post more pictures.

     
  • At 10:31 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    OH YAY! I'm so happy for you Valerie! I'm sure he is a wonderful guy as you are a wonderful person and deserve a nice man!

    What do I love? My baby, my man, my cats. A few drinks with good friends and driving like a maniac all the way to San Diego on weekends.

     
  • At 1:46 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    thank god it's baseball season and there are lots of bats available. love is a journey, not a destination - here's to not having to use my number
    madmartigan
    ps -mm loves redheads - married one - twice

     
  • At 2:26 PM , Blogger Spellbound said...

    Sigh, I am happy knowing you're in the fairy tale place with a great guy. I wish so much that I could have made the weekend and I could have met him too. Before the summer is out, I promise.

     
  • At 2:30 PM , Blogger Alijah Fitt said...

    That's the best! love, sweet love.(ps, don't worry about Mist,she will be okay)

     
  • At 6:03 PM , Blogger Erica Ann Putis said...

    I decided I want a summer love this year. It might have to be with myself but I just can't be picky! Haha... Good for you and your happiness. :)

     
  • At 8:43 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    ya val! ya!!

    i love tj :)

     
  • At 8:13 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I love friends and family

     
  • At 9:22 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I love my new golf bag.

    Hey, did a video come with that picture?? ;)

     
  • At 4:03 PM , Blogger Emily Maple said...

    I love my kittie cats. And lighting candles during a thunderstorm & watching a sappy movie & eating popcorn.

    And sunny days.

     
  • At 11:20 AM , Blogger Brita Mess said...

    I lurve coffee, long hikes in piney forests, making out in taxi cabs and valerie!

     
  • At 8:42 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    going through withdrawal ...please post more!!!!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home